Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Herd of Meat

So all of a sudden (well, I guess after two successful recruitment nights) we have this new, great, big group of fresh meat!!  I love new girls!  Actually, it's not just girls... we've got a couple new dudes who've been coming to practice (up-and-coming refs/volunteers.)  And some of them have hilarious nicknames, like "Rump Roast".   I cracked up when I heard that one.  I know any of you that have been thinking of joining, after reading that, totally want to be a Hellion now.  Join derby/Get a sweet nick name.

You can't really tell from this picture, but at the end of practice, they lined up in front of us vets and did a little dance on their toe stops and demonstrated their newly learned fancy footwork.  I worked with a couple girls after practice on t-stops and also swivels.

Oh, and sweet news: Mr. T has been coming to derby practice!  He's learning how to skate, but he is doing really good.  Soon we'll hand him over to Miranda Wrights for some serious referee training.

No comments:

Post a Comment