Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Short Temper comes out of blogger hibernation

Tuesday was a beautiful, sunny day, and just what I needed to start clearing out my winter blues. It also helps that the Hellions had a bout on Sunday, which sparked my derby brain.

It's been a long winter. A long off season -- although not really.  Our last bout of 2011 was November 5 against the Hudson Valley Horrors...which I neglected to write a recap on.  So here's a quick one:

I was the captain of the team.
We won.
I was chosen MVP.  Yeah!  First time ever!  Here's a couple pictures:
Short Temper, Sweet Madness, and Con-tagious.  This photo makes me so happy and proud.

Hellions of Troy love Hudson Valley Horrors
Santa Speedo Sprint
So, right... the off season. No bouts for the rest of November, December, and most of January. We continued practicing, I attended Championships and the Roller Derby World Cup. The holidays came and went. Some of the Hellions ran the Santa Speedo Sprint in December.

Which more or less brings us up to today. We're gearing up for our 2012 season, which will be announced this Friday. So look for that -- and more from me in general!

1 comment:

  1. I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this website. I'm hoping to
    check out the same high-grade content by you later on as well.
    In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my
    own blog now ;)

    Feel free to surf to my webpage http://mybookmarkingblog.com/idc-forecasts-worldwide-spending-on-hosted-private-cloud-services-to

    ReplyDelete