Love it or hate it, the new Facebook profile setup has something interesting to offer. While Facebook automatically generates your friends list to display on your profile, and you've been able to list your relatives on your FB, you can now also add a custom list. Below is a guide on how to add your Derby Wife to your profile.
If you have not converted to the new Facebook profile page, do that first (warning - pretty sure you can't revert back to the old style profile once you revert. But we're all used to that by now, aren't we?)
|Steps 1 and 2|
1. Go to your personal profile page.
2. Click on the "Edit Profile" button on the upper right.
3. When the new screen appears, click on the "Relationships" link on the left side.
|Steps 4 and 5|
5. Click on "Create new List".
6. A pop-up box will appear. Make your list name "Derby Wife" and select your lucky derby wife from your list of friends.
7. Click "Create List".
8. A new section called "Derby Wife" will appear on the profile editor.
9. Your derby wife will now appear on your profile page in the same area on the left side where your relationship and your family appears.
As you can see, I used my boyfriend as an example. I don't have a derby wife (and am currently happily single in this arena, so don't worry). After I did this example, I checked his profile and this custom relationship did not appear on his profile as well. I'm sure this is to prevent some sort of abuse of the system, but make sure you let your derby wife how to add you to her profile as well if you want!
Don't have a derby wife? You can use this tutorial for any relationship you want: your closest team mates; blogging friends ("blends" as THS calls them); pets that have facebook profiles... whatever you like! You are allowed to list more than one person your custom relationship - so girls with multiple derby wives, this is for you!