Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hellions head out to Rochester for a roller derby weekend

This weekend we are headed out to Rochester to take on Roc City Roller Derby.  It's a double header bout, more roller derby than you can shake a stick at!

Roc City B-Sides vs. NHRD Queen City Cherry Bombs @ 6:00 PM 
Roc Stars vs. Hellions of Troy @ 8:00 PM
Gordon Field House @ RIT -- Doors @ 5:00 PM

I totally love their bout art work!

Our last full length bout against Roc City was in 2011 against their B-Team , a close game! Hellions 85 - Roc City 92.  This time we're sending the Hellions for a sanction bout, which will count towards our WFTDA ranking.

I actually missed that game that year (I think I was on vacation?).  The last time I was in Rochester was for roller derby was for a newbie scrimmage with the Utica Roller Girls in 2010!  I think it was one of my first away scrimmages.  I specifically remember being afraid of one of their really tall skaters, GWAR (who still plays, I see).  I described her as "7 feet tall" in my blog post about the scrimmage, hahaha.  We will see if that is actually the case.

That weekend I drove out to Rochester with Kitty P and Reading Rambo and we stayed at Kitty's house.  The next day we went to the Lilac Festival.  It's one of my most fond roller derby field trip memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment