Monday, August 30, 2010

Empire Skate Showdown

Next weekend we're headed to Long Island to skate in the first ever New York State roller derby tournament... the Empire Skate Showdown!!  It's an all day event hosted by the Long Island Roller Rebels.  Eight leagues from NY will be there.  This is the first tournament I have ever skated in, but not the first tournament I've attended (Nationals, East Coast Extravaganza).

One thing I'm excited about is the bus ride down to the Island with the league.  Besides the fact that it's going to be super early in the morning, I'm sure there will be shenanigans.

I'm also excited about the tournament because a few of my college friends who live in the City are going to come and check it out.  And afterward, I'll be spending the weekend in the City with them and Mr. T.  Only my friend Liz has seen me play so far.

I think the best thing, however, will be meeting new derby girls from near and far across the State.  It's like we're all in one big club and this is a great chance to meet other people with the same interest.

We've got two more practices 'til the big day.  Time to get rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment