Wednesday, September 1, 2010

2010 WFTDA Nationals

I'm trying to figure out if I can attend WFTDA Nationals this year in November.  I've basically been waiting since LAST November when I attended Nationals in Philly.  I was barely part of the league 2 months when I decided to go on that crazy adventure.  But it was so fun and amazing because so many people from my team made the trip down and we saw lots of great derby.
My first Philly cheesesteak.

This year it's in Chicago, hosted by the Windy City Rollers.  I've been pining over the $300 round trip airline tickets on Southwest.  Then there's the option of a 13+ train ride... or a 15 hour drive.

Derby is so big in Philly,
they have posters at bus stops!
Getting autographs at last
year's Nationals.
Then there's the cost of the tournament + food + souvenirs.  And taking off time from work.  And the fact that I may be traveling out of State for Thanksgiving.  But I've never been there before, so there's another reason to go!

Lots of options to weigh, but I hope I can make it out to Chicago.  Will I make it to Uproar on the Lake Shore?  Stay tuned to find out.

Tell you one place I do plan to go, however: Derby in the Burbs - the Eastern Regional Tournament hosted by Suburbia Roller Derby - Friday, September 24 - Sunday, September 26.  I think after I attend that tournament, I'll decide if I really need to go to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment