Friday, July 23, 2010

Be Your Own Hero

Interested in roller derby?  Think you want to skate but not sure you have what it takes?  Come to our recruitment night on Monday, July 26 to see what we're all about!  You'll meet the skaters, talk to league members, and you can even strap on a pair of skates!

We're looking for more than just girls to skate.  Male or female, we always need volunteers, non-skating officials (NSOs), and referees.

I'd been going to roller derby bouts for over a year before I got the courage to show up at a recruitment night.  I'd see ads here and there for it, and thought -- I'll go... next time.  I was scared - what if I didn't fit in?  What if I don't have the time?  I barely knew how to skate!

I've been skating with the Hellions for over 10 months now.  This is one of the funnest things I have ever been involved with in my life.
I totally fit in.  The team is so welcoming.
I made the time.  In fact, roller skating is all I can think about usually!
The team taught me how to skate.  They taught me how to fall down safely.  They taught me how to hit...even though I was shy about it.  Now you better look out because I'm coming for you.

You have what it takes.  Roller derby is amazing and we'd love to have you as part of our league!!

No comments:

Post a Comment